It is hard to believe that I am blogging second time today. Reason for that is deadline for Tim Holtz Tattered Flower Challenge, check it out yourself on the link, even if it is too late to play, you will find lots of inspiration of how to use your Tattered Flower Die.
I bought some pure silk recently and had lots of tulle, left over from children s costumes and decided to make a flower out of those.
This is what you will need:
- Cut 5-8 the biggest flowers out of your tulle, 3 silk flowers - medium and optionally 3 smallest flowers from the tulle, and you will need a button or something for the center.
- take needle and some fine tread, I used silk, and start folding each big tulle flower in half and stitching and gathering folded petals one by one - like one the photo above.
- Once you finished you should have something like this:
- Tie your tread at the back of your flower, but do not cut it, spread the petals evenly .
- Layer your silk petals and the small tulle petals in the middle of the flower, then add some button and sew trough it
And there is my finished product:
It would be nice to stamp some scrip or something on the white silk, unfortunately I did not have blue ink I wanted for it - they are on my wish list now ;-) .
Please all forgive me on bad photographs, it is midnight here and I just made those flowers and snap them with my mobile phone, have million things for tomorrow so this had to be done now.
Have a nice day, night or whatever.